Hello, and thanks for your interest in staying at Two Rivers Lodge. Our little boy Jack is 6 and loves the place just as much as we do--the Tarzan swing and fishing poles are his favorite. Any weeks that we don’t have guests, we’re there hanging out ourselves…so have a good time during your vacation for little Jack!
We operate on a first come, first served basis. What that means is that the first folks to contact Karen by email on VRBO have first priority. We ourselves have missed out on our favorite vacation spot on an island off the coast of Maine before by waiting too long; unfortunately our busy lives get in the way of taking care of the fun stuff sometimes. Please note that historically, Two Rivers Lodge has been full for the summer by mid-March, so it’s a good idea to plan early.
To reserve a week at Two Rivers Lodge, this is our procedure:
1. Contact Karen through VRBO with the vacation dates you’d like.
2. Karen emails you back, answering any questions that you have and attaching the FAQ list, additional photos, lease, and a copy of this form.
3. You respond back that you wish to reserve your week.
4. You print the lease, sign it, and mail your funds as follows:
If it’s more than 90 days before your arrival date, send ½ of the rental fee (rental fees are $995.00 from June 1 to August 31; $795.00 September 1st to May 31st); $300.00 refundable security deposit; and $75.00 cleaning fee to:
P.O. Box 250
Cornish, Maine 04020
That’s a total deposit of $872.50 for 6/1 to 8/31, and $772.50 for 9/1 to 5/31. The balance will be due 90 days before you arrive, and Karen will email you a reminder.
If you’re reserving your vacation less than 90 days in advance, please send the full amount of the rental fee, refundable security deposit, and cleaning fee. That’s $1370.00 from 6/1 to 8/31, and $1170.00 from 9/1 to 5/31.
All fees include the Maine lodging tax of 7%, and pets stay free with their owners.
Please note that our rental weeks are from Sunday to Sunday. Check-in is at 4pm, check-out is at 10am.
5. The vacation period is considered “yours” after funds and the lease are received and deposited. Until said funds and the lease are received, while we do work on a first-come basis, the lodge is still considered available to anyone else. After we receive your funds and lease, the week is marked as “reserved” on our calendar, and Karen signs and copies the lease and mails it back to you with our brochure that includes directions, amenities, etc. The balance of the funds are due 90 days before your arrival; no refunds are allowed within 90 days of your arrival unless your week can be re-rented.
Thanks for your interest, and Jack—although he’s a little sad that he won’t be there while you’re enjoying our lodge—knows that you’ll have a great time!